Confessions of a Drama Queen

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Luka made me do it!

Okay, okay, Chris. I give in. I am such a follower. I really don't know why I started this thing now. I have a bunch to do before my Brass Lab class tonight. But I'm procrastinating. Despite my father's objections, I think that I tend to do better when I save things until the last minute. Sounds like an excuse, huh? Anyways, I am more than halfway through my semester. Yay! I'll be done in a little more than a month. I think that I may actually make it out alive. I think I can, I think I can...

So, this past Sunday Melodie(Baars) and I were on to sing a duet and it turned out to be the most stressful special I have ever had to do. For one thing, we weren't able to practice w/ Yvonne Bishop, who was playing piano, until 10 minutes before the service, because Chris scheduled an orchestra practice for after Sunday School. I had forgotten my clarinet that morning and Melodie had to run me home to grab that along w/ my sister's trumpet. Then, by the time we were able to practice for our duet, we realized that the song we had chosen had a pretty much impossible range for the state of our voices at the time and that it was too difficult to put together in such a short amount of time, so we scratched that idea. By this time, everyone was going upstairs to the platform. We quickly chose something else, told Yvonne what we were doing, didn't have a chance to rehearse it and ran upstairs. Well, the last congregational song before prayer rolls around and it was one of the songs that me and Melodie were planning to do! We looked at eachother(I was on the platform and she was sitting in the second row of the congregation), with gaping mouthes and our eyes about ready to pop out of our heads. Melodie held up her hymn book, indicating that we better find another song, so she looked for one where she was and I looked for one where I was. I looked up right after I had found something fitting and saw that Melodie had found something too. When she signed the song number to me, I looked down and realized that it was the exact same one that I had chosen! Weird, huh? Or, more than likely, it was the Lord. So, to wrap up this extra long story, it worked out. But it really was the most stressful special that I've ever done!

Thanks to my Sunday School class, I realize that I'm getting old. A few weeks ago, I found out that most of them thought that I was in my 30's. Then on Sunday, we were talking about our spiritual eyesight and what types of things can get our eyes off of God and I mentioned things or people that we idolize. I told them that I used to be majorly obsessed w/ the group, Hanson(500 posters on my walls, 15 biographies, the whole deal) and not a single one of them knew who Hanson was! Of course, the kids in my class are between the ages of 10 and 12, but I'm not that old, am I?

A friend at school got me stuck on this Johari thing. It's kind of a psychological thing, where you choose 5 or 6 words that you think describe your personality, then other people come to your site and choose 5 or 6 words that they think describe your personality. Then, they show you this box that compares what you think about yourself and what others think about you. Here's the link for mine and you can make your own too:
http://kevan.org/johari?name=Chipmonk

I apologize in advance for the lack of interesting things that will be posted here on my blog, but my life really doesn't have an over abundance of intrigue. But I am going to attempt to post regularly, so check back anyways. Who knows, maybe eventually something fascinating will happen in my life. Maybe some RICH, tall, dark-haired, blue- or green-eyed, handsome, super musical man who resembles Tom Welling and shares my faith and values will come along and sweep me off my feet. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........................

6 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Welcome to the Apostolic Faith Blogging Sight, we have a = ) and a hand for you. We are so happy that you've joined us On-Line, here is a special word we'd all like to say...

    WELCOME!!

    I'm so glad Chris finally talked you into joining us. Now I have one more AF blogger to add to my list of "other blogs I read" If you're really bored you can check out my blog.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Rational Icthus said…

    You realize you linked to Kevin's Johari?

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger LaDonna said…

    The site is just called kevan, but it's my johari.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Falling LEAVes said…

    Welcome LaDonna! Of course, I only found out about your blog through the grapevine (well, okay from a post you made on someone else's blog). So, welcome to the blogging world! And yes, of course it's always easier and more fun to blame a Luka. Ten minutes eh? Sounds like Chris learned some tricks from Alan. What song(s) did you guys end up singing?

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Falling LEAVes said…

    Okay, I take back what I said. For some reason. I didn't put 2 and 2 together when I saw your comment on my blog. Once again, welcome! And feel free to comment

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger LaDonna said…

    Hey Linda! Thanks for the welcome. This reply is late, but Melodie and I had originally planned to sing We Declare Your Majesty w/ Antiphonal Praise. Chris, who was directing music that morning, had the congregations sing Antiphonal Praise as the song before prayer. That was when the panic set in. But thankfully, both me and Melodie found I Worship You, Almighty God at about the same time, so we did that along w/ We Declare Your Majesty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home