Confessions of a Drama Queen

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dreams are weird...

Okay, I recently had one of the weirdest dreams of all time and last night I had a dream that was somewhat of a continuation of that dream. Normally, my dreams stem from something, either what I had watched that night or what I was thinking about right before I fell asleep, but this one made little sense. I was traveling somewhere w/ Bryan and Mindy(this part made sense, since I had ridden w/ them up to Portland) and we were being chased by some girl. She kind of looked like Samara from The Ring, but she had these extendo arms that could wrap around the car and whenever we had a window rolled down, she was able to get us. I was freaking out, while Mindy and Bryan were more concerned w/ getting to a rest stop because Bry had to go really bad. Well, we got to this little, in the middle-of-nowhere bathroom and for some reason, Nick Lachey(Jessica Simpson's former husband for those who aren't into pop culture) and his brother Drew were there. I talked to them like I had known them for years while Mindy and Bry used the loo. My dream ended there.

Then, last night, my dream picked up from where it had left off. We had just gotten back in the car. Nick Lachey told us that they would follow us for a little while since I was still scared of Samara getting us. Eventually they had to turn off the road to get to where they were going. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, we came along a car full of Baros brothers(Emmanuel, Simon, Florin and Alin). Bryan rolled down his window to wave and that was when Samara came. The last thing I remember in my dream was her pulling the car we were in into the woods and Mindy yelling, "Bryan Hinkle, you stupid idiot, roll up your window! You're gonna get us killed!" It wasn't really a scary dream, just really strange. Maybe tonight, I'll have another dream so that I can find out what happens to us next. Any dream interpreters out there?

You know what, or rather who else is weird? People who ride public transportation. The city bus is my mode of transportation and there are a lot of creepy people. There are also a lot of stupid people. Pierce Transit has changed the way the back doors of the bus now open. Instead of pushing on a bar to open it, there is this huge yellow sign that tells you to push there, accompanied by a picture of a hand. There are also bars on the doors that are now slanted instead of vertical like they used to be and they're in a different place than they used to be too, but I'm pretty sure that they're just to hold onto when the bus gets crowded. Anyways, this morning on my way to school, I counted 23 people who tried to push the bars to get of the bus. They realized that that didn't work and finally noticed the sign.

Back to the weird people, every once in a while I end up on the same bus as this lady who carries around a baby doll and treats it just like a real baby, bottles, diapers and everything. There's another lady who brings a stuffed cat and sits there petting it during the whole bus ride. One time, this super musty African guy came on the bus just to ask me to marry him(the same thing happened in NYC one time, again by an African dude). Last week, this old guy comes on the bus and he overheard these 2 other men who were talking in Spanish. The old guy proceeded to tell them a story about his Mexican friend and while he was talking, one of the guys tried, several times, to tell him that they were Puerto Rican, not Mexican. When the old guy finally got it, he asked them how long they had been in the States and if they had received their American citizenship yet! The Puerto Rican guys just looked at the old guy in disgust and moved to the back of the bus. If I'm not mistaking, I'm pretty sure that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. Does anyone else have any funny public transportation stories?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Bryan said…

    No. I drive a Geo Metro that apparently gets sucked into the woods if I roll down the window.

    Man, Mindy can't even stop nagging me in other people's dreams.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger LaDonna said…

    *Sigh* As amusing as the dream was, it wasn't my choice to dream about you and Mindy, Bry. If I had my way, I'd be dreaming about a rich, hot man whose desire in life is to see me happy(i.e. paying off my college loans, sending me to Europe, buying me a Toyota Tacoma, etc.)

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Boy Ladonna...sounds like you that dream all planned out. Begining to end and everything in between.

    I'm sorry I couldn't help but laugh through that entire blog. I can just see all three of you crammed into Bry's Geo Metro drving down the 5 with Mindy in the front seat doing her "through the head back, hands across her chest, gasp for air cry" that she is so good at (don't deny it Mindy, you know we've all seen you do it). While you're in the back seat trying to calm her down.

    Wow you know you could really go somewhere with this dream of yours. I love it....let us know when you dream Part 3!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home