Confessions of a Drama Queen

Thursday, February 07, 2008

I want a job! A job! I want a job!

Okay, so the title of this post is courtesy of a Lizzie McGuire episode where she was actually saying the word bra in place of job. But, really, I do want a job. I am getting sick of sitting at home . You know you've hit rock bottom when you're staying up every night until 2 am just to watch re-runs of The Hills and Laguna Beach. Sad, but true. I have applied for jobs, a whole bunch of them in fact. I've been searching for some kind of receptionist or secretary position in light of my foot injury while working at Macy's. Well, actually, my sister sat on my foot and sprained it. So, the whole having to stand all day wasn't working very well. Plus, I think that a re-occurance of my cerebral palsey may have added to the pain. Which brings me to needing a job where I don't have to stand all day. Unfortunately, many of these jobs require like at least a year of previous legal, receptionist or administrative experience. Well, how do they expect you to get the experience if they won't hire you unless you already have some? So, I may have to result to hitting the pavement to just find anywhere that will hire me, because I am getting to that point of desparation.

So, my sister, Hayley, recently got a dwarf hamster. She named her Stella. Though I like to call her Tchaikovsky #2, in rememberance of my former miniature hamster and my dad refers to her as One Bite, because that's all it would take to eat her. She is absolutely adorable and so tiny, hence the dwarf part ;) I had posted at one point about Hayley getting Beta fish. Well, Francis(the stupid one) finally went to his watery grave, a.k.a. the toilet. Freddy(or Sushi) is still swimming away and my sisters have added to the Beta family. Hayley got another one and named him Mulder(yes, X Files). Kcie, for once, got one of her own. She named him Buddy after Buddy the Elf(what's your favorite color? ;). Though, once again, my dad renamed him. This time, choosing the name Frohickey after one of Lone Gunmen on X Files. Of course, Kcie hates that show (weirdo) and refuses to refer to him as that name.

It's February, the month of obnoxiously, over-rated, rub it in our faces lovey-doveyness. As usual, I am Loveless in Tacoma. Oh well, I have chosen to not completely ignore Valentines Day this year, but instead to celebrate it by comforting myself w/ a bunch of my favorite movies. To most, they would probably be considered chick-flicks. My list thus far:
The Devil Wears Prada(already watched)
Just My Luck(I totally reccomend this movie to anyone, already watched)
Never Been Kissed
The Wedding Planner
The Perfect Man
Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Avonlea
The Wedding Singer
Ever After
Miss Congeniality
Sleepless in Seattle
While You Were Sleeping
The Lake House
Phantom of the Opera
High School Musical
High School Musical 2
Ella Enchanted
Sleeping Beauty
A Walk to Remember

If anyone has any more suggestions, definitely let me know. I'm open to more ideas.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger MsPoppins20 said…

    You should totally watch Just Like Heaven. It is super cute and one of my favorite movies! Plus, if you feel like getting a little angry with men, I would recommend Chicago. That movie makes me feel very ... umm, liberated. I don't know why! =)

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger LaDonna said…

    That's the one w/ Reese Witherspoon, right? I remember seeing the preview and wanting to see that one. I'll have to rent it. And I do love watching Chicago, it's definitely empowering ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home