Confessions of a Drama Queen

Monday, March 19, 2007

I am long overdue...

for a new post! I'm in Washington D.C. right now and have some time to kill, so I thought that I might actually post. Let's start w/ an overview of my life for the past several months.

October: On the 13th, I went up to visit my Aunt Cheri. It was Friday the 13th and we went to go see The Grudge 2. If you haven't seen it, I wouldn't recommend it. It was quite the let-down, not near as good as the first. On Halloween, I took my little sister and her friend trick-or-treating. That about sums up my October.

November: I finally got around to coordinating a Washington girls sleepover. We had it at our parsonage here in Tacoma and it was a blast. We stayed up all night gossiping, er I mean, fellowshipping ;) It was fun. Thanksgiving was good. My family and I just stayed home this year and consumed way to much food. Last year they abandoned me to go down to Medford while I had to stay home to write a paper. But the DeBusks loved me enough to invite me over, so I had a good Thanksgiving last year w/ them. Tacoma got hit by a snow and ice storm right after turkey day.

December: We had a wind storm one night that left more than a million people in Western WA electricity-less including my fam and my job. I was all excited for the day off, but then I realized that everything fun at our house required electricity. Martha Williams and I directed the Sunday School Christmas Program and it went really well, almost too well, on the night of the performance. My family stayed home for the holidays and had a very nice, relaxing Christmas. I got Seasons 2, 3 and 4 of Smallville and a really cool digital camera, along w/ some other stuff. So, Christmas pretty much rocked.

January: We brought in the New Year w/ a watch-night service at the parsonage. I turned 23 on the 2nd. Wow, I'm getting old. We had another big snow and ice storm. The daycare I work at was closed for nearly a week and Tacoma Public Schools were shut down for a week. We got about 7 inches of snow. Which was cool, but I got tired of it after a few days. It took about two weeks for all of the ice to melt. On my way to work one day, I was crossing the street and I saw this car come speeding and sliding around on the ice coming toward me. I freaked out, ran back the other direction, slipped on the ice and flew into a light pole banging my head in the process. OUCH, I can't tell ya how much that hurt.

February: Valentine's Day came and went, leaving me beauless as usual. I guess I'm just destined to be an old maid sitting in my rocking chair, knitting and surrounded by my 50 cats...

Okay, now you all should be caught up on my life. Boring, I know.

3L #13 - A haunted corn maze in the middle of nowhere at 10 pm on a foggy Friday the 13th evening is a little creepy. You just might get chased by a clown w/ a chainsaw.

3L #14 - Ice is slippery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home