Confessions of a Drama Queen

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I AM SO MAD...

AT AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!! HOW IN THE WORLD DID CHRIS NOT MAKE IT TO THE NEXT ROUND?!?!?!?!?!? HE WAS THE BEST SINGER IN THE WHOLE COMPETITION!!!!!

Okay, I'll take the caps off now. I am just so infuriated and frustrated. I didn't get into AI until the second season when Reuben won. Again, the most talented one in that season, Kimberly Locke, didn't win. I didn't really watch the 3rd season, so I don't really know if Fantasia deserved to win or not. Though I've heard her sing a few times since then and I don't think that she's very good. Last season, Vonzell Solomon was the best, but *sigh* a black female had just won the previous season and a black male the one before that. So we couldn't have another one win or else there would be talk of racism in the show.

Coming into this season, I was already pretty sure that we would have a white male win, since we've already had two white females, a black male and a black female. And Chris Daughtry, a white male, is amazing. Yet, he didn't get enough votes to keep him on the show. Elliott and Taylor, also white males, aren't near as talented as he is and them along w/ Katherine are our final three. Thanks a lot, America. I have no qualms about Kat still being in the running(even though she won't win due to the fact that she is a white female), because she has a gorgeous voice. But since she and Chris were in the bottom two tonight, considering the great performances that Chris had last night and the mediocre ones that Kat had, any normal person would have assumed Chris in and Kat out. And as much as I like Katherine, I would've preferred it to have played out that way, because I truly think that Chris deserves to be the next American Idol. Just goes to show that talent doesn't mean a whole lot in this competition. All you need to make it on AI is to be quirky, funny looking or have a sob story that will win you a bunch of sympathy votes.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Falling LEAVes said…

    WAAAAH!!!!! Chris lost????

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Rational Icthus said…

    You should try Nashville Star. It's Country American Idol, only more drama.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger LaDonna said…

    I have watched Nashville Star before Chris. In fact, w/ you and Jillian. Have you forgotten already? Is the old age finally getting to you? It's pretty good too, but I never catch it from the beginning of the season.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home