Confessions of a Drama Queen

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I have an Ear Training Final...

in about half an hour. I'm praying that I do okay on it, because ear training is one of the banes of my existence.

So, I know that Melina has her "life lessons" and I also feel that I should pass on pearls of wisdom. I shall call them LaDonna's Life Learnings(I love alliteration) a.k.a 3L. So here we go:
3L #1a - Despite the fact that it may look like it should, a meatloaf marinara sandwich from your school's cafeteria will not taste like Subway's Meatbal Sub.

3L #1b: You should really consider slicing your meatballs in half before you put them on the sandwich, otherwise they just roll out onto the table, the floor, your lap... etc. (courtesy of Melina :)
3L #2 - Beware of eating ice-cream cones in the vicinity of squirrels, because they just might attack.
3L #3a - Unless unavoidable, leave dressing alike to those who are identical. Katrina Olson, Dana Macomber and I learned this the hard way when we purchased matching skirts in New York and decided to wear them at the same time. Which brings me to...

3L #3b - Bring a back-up outfit for in case you find yourself in the situation of 3L #3a.
3L #4 - Do not wear a slick, velvet dress to a performance where you have to switch from your Bb clarinet to your A clarinet in the middle of a piece, because the one you set on your lap may slide off of it, bang into your stand and roll under the riser during a violin solo.

Alright, that's all that I can think of at the moment. The other day I got a craving for chips w/ pico de gallo and when I went to Safeway, it cost $3 for a tiny container of it. So, since I was feeling rather creative, I decided to make it myself. I got about $2.50 worth of tomatoes for 99 cents a pound, two bushels of green onions for 50 cents a bushel, 3 limes for 59 cents a piece and cilantro for a buck. Then I chopped up the tomatoes and onions, squeezed some lime juice, poured a little lemon juice, a little apple cider vinegar and seasoned to taste w/ cilantro, salt and pepper. And I gotta tell ya that after being in the fridge for about a day, my fresh pico de gallo was delicious and I was able to make 5 times as much was in that container for less than the price of two of them. Now, I'm not the homemaker type...or Chris...but I was actually pretty proud of doing something myself for once. Yikes, its time to head to my final!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger MsPoppins20 said…

    I love homemade pico de gello (I'm not sure if I am spelling that right, oh well, I am sure someone will correct me if I am not)

    3L #1b: You should really consider slicing your meatballs in half before you put them on the sandwich, otherwise they just roll out onto the table, the floor, your lap... etc.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Umm.... I think perhaps you mean BUNCHES of green onions. Bushels are oh... say a really good sized basket.... I know, I know, I'm messing with your voice infliction again.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Rational Icthus said…

    Pico de Jello?

    And thanks for the sideways compliment, La Donna!

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Mandy Sue said…

    uh, isn't it pico de gallo? hmm, that doesn't look right either. I used to know, now I'm just guessing.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Rational Icthus said…

    Pico de Gallo is the correct spelling.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Mandy Sue said…

    woot woot! I get to be right about something!! Which is good considering the amount of sleep I'm on. If you're interested in finding out more about that, check out my new blog..hehehehe

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger LaDonna said…

    Thanks for the spelling correction, Mandy :)

    Chris - Whaddaya mean sideways? I found that to be a very upright compliment :)

    Melodie - You better watch it before I inflect my inflictions on you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home