Confessions of a Drama Queen

Saturday, November 01, 2008

I've got a 3 letter word for you - JOBS

Hahahaha, that was soooooooooo funny! Ah, Biden. Okay, so I'm trying to keep this from being a political blog, so I won't dwell on it. But I will admit that I'm not too excited for Tuesday to come, because I'm not overly crazy about either candidate :-( Oh well, what can you do?

So, it's been a while since I've updated my blog and I decided it was time for a comeback. When I last left off, I was still jobless. That is no longer the case. I have been working as a temp at World Vision since mid-Aprilish. Yes, the same place that Mr. Chris Luka used to work at. Our employment there did overlap for a bit, but then he went and left me for Microsoft. My position was technically supposed to be over this past week and was actually shaky a couple of weeks ago when we were getting super low amounts of donation mail in (stupid economic crisis). But God is good and earlier this week, things went through so that my temp position will be extended until Jan. 31st, right before I return to school in February :-D

Speaking of school, that's another area that God recently had his hand in. Things did not work out for me to go to UW like I had been planning. Of course, that was my planning and not neccessarily (well, obviously) not the Lord's. So, I prayed about it, because I knew that being a teacher is what I have always wanted and still want to be. And, as of Thursday, things are starting to really shape up and come together for me to return to PLU (where I had originally gone) to complete my degree. Another answer to prayer :-D Bry and Mindy - remind me to take my foot out of my mouth if I ever tease you for how long it took to get your degrees ;-)

Right now I am chilling out at my Aunt Cheri's place in Edmonds, which is not far from Seattle. I am so glad that, despite the fact that it rained for majority of the day, the weather was good when it came time to take my cousins trick-or-treating. We actually had a lot of fun. Two of my cousins are twins and they're 12 years old. One dressed as Superman and the other as a gorilla. Kylee just turned 10 earlier this month and she was Darth (or Dork as we teased her) Vader. My other cousin Chris, 15 years old, stayed home and handed out candy. Later today, I am planning to take Kylee to go see High School Musical 3. Don't tell anyone, but I'm looking forward to seeing it to, shhhhh. I love the first two movies, but of course, I'm a sucker for musicals in general.

This has been a very boring blog entry, I'm sorry. Hopefully, there will be some excitement in my life in the near future for me to write about. Hey, I am really looking forward to coming down to Medford next weekend for the special meetings! But right now, I think I'm gonna go see if there's any good scary movies on and maybe head toward bed in a while. So, good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home