Confessions of a Drama Queen

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

One step closer to the rapture? I think so :) Hey, I'm trying to look on the bright side of all this election drama.

So, like a good portion of America, I voted last night w/ my dad and sister. Due to work and Kcie's trumpet lesson, we weren't able to make it there until 7. When we got to the polls place it seemed like majority of north Tacoma had the same idea, because we saw the line coming out of the church and attempting to wrap around the block. Luckily, this was the line for those whose last names began w/ A-L. The M-Z line had already made its way to inside of the warm, toasty building :) For once in my life, I am thankful for my last name.

First off, I do not consider myself a fan or a "supporter" of McCain. I actually find him pretty annoying and not, by any stretch of the imagination, who should of been chosen as the Republican candidate. For one thing, the dude can barely answer a direct question in a direct manner. When asked what they plan to do to be sure that the gov't is doing what they need to be doing when they need to be doing it, one does not need to go off on their speil of what they plan to do for the environment. Especially when one is the face of a party that is not particularly big on that issue. Though, I will give him props for having a decent thought process regarding education during the last debate.

I'm not opposed to change in the broad scheme of the term, it's pretty much inevitable. But I am against change that totes along its support for abortion/murder. Which is why I opted to vote for the person who displayed at least an inkling of a sense of biblical values and morals. Plus, I'd prefer an inexperienced vice president over an inexperienced president. I believe Obama wasn't even in the senate for a year before he began his campaign of terror. Whoops, I'm starting to bring a bit of a personal vendetta into this.

By the way, did anyone notice Obama singling out and thanking the direct groups of Americans who voted for him? Like the blacks, the whites, the gays, etc. Wasn't one of his campaigning digs the fact that we're all under the same umbrella? I found that to be a tad ironic. And no matter how hard he tries, he will not be winning everyone over.

Oh well, what's done is done. It's all in God's hands now and I am so thankful that He knows what the future holds!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Donni, I love you. Just so you know!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Oh, but I DON'T love my co-workers. We just had a burst of anti-Obamaism, complete with jokes. And I threatened to leave my job. We'll see if anyone starts to take me seriously.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home